I just want to thank everyone at the facility for helping me. I was approved for disability yesterday, its been a long road but in the end I got it. I will recommend you guys to others.Justin H.
My caseworker was Mari…she rocks and goes above the call of duty to help her clients….!! Having a caring and pleasant professional guiding me was indeed a blessing…!!!Tammie G.
I was approved for disability and had a lot of questions regarding the programs. The SSA office was no help. I was able to speak to Dailyn Rodriguez who answered all my questions.Michael
Benefits of working with our team
A helping hand throughtout the process
Representation at your hearing
No upfront costs
- How much does it cost to file a claim? Costs vary per case, but you can discuss this during your free consultation. Most importantly, if your Disability Benefits claim is not successful, you won’t pay a dime.
- If I am denied how can I appeal the decision? You can request an appeal by calling the SSA directly at 1.800.772.1213. The SSA will mail you the necessary appeal forms which you will need to complete and send back in order to appeal the decision. We can simplify the appeals process by completing these forms on your behalf.
- How long does it take to get a decision? Generally it takes 3 to 6 months to receive a decision. If you are not satisfied with the SSA’s decision, you may appeal your decision. If you are denied at the initial application, you can appeal your decision by filing a request for Reconsideration. If your Reconsideration is denied, you will need to request a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). It can take between 6 months and 2 years to have an ALJ assigned to your claim.
- What do I do if my claim was denied? Don’t give up – Reach out to one of our friendly staff members to get started on your appeal and other next steps.
- How many work credits do I need in order to qualify for disability insurance benefits? This usually depends on your age. There are special rules for claimants under 30. From age 31 – 42, you’ll need at least 20 credits to qualify. Beyond that, the requirement increases. Once you are age 62 or older, the maximum of 40 work credits are required.
- I don’t have insurance, how can I get medical treatment? Ongoing medical treatment is the key to winning your claim. We advise our clients to see their doctors regularly. If you do not have insurance, we will help you find free clinics or hospitals in your area.
- How severe does my injury/illness need to be in order to qualify? Your medical condition must be established by a trained physician and cause “marked” and “severe” functional limitations. Most importantly, your impairment must meet or equal a Social Security “Listing” or prevent you from sustaining “gainful activity”.
- How do I apply for disability benefits? Applying for disability benefits can be complex. You can apply:
1) in person by visiting your local Social Security office,
2) by phone by calling 1.800.772.1213, or 3) online by visiting www.ssa.gov. If you decide to apply online, contact Social Security by phone to ensure your application is in their system.