How do I obtain a copy of my discharge/separation papers (DD 214)?

Posted on February 20, 2016 by Disability Help Group

A: Your personnel files are housed at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). To request a copy of your military service record contact the NARA by phone at 1.866.272.6272 or submit your order online by visiting www.archives.gov.