Lost your SSA-1099? my Social Security Account Holders Can Print a Duplicate

Posted on February 17, 2016 by Disability Help Group

Just in time for tax season, the Social Security Administration will now offer my Social Security members the ability to re-print their SSA-1099 forms. The SSA-1099 form is a record of the total amount of benefits paid to you during the previous year. It is necessary to have when filing your yearly tax return. If you received Social Security benefits of any kind in the past year, you should have received one of these forms by mail in January.

Unfortunately, many of these forms are lost every year, which used to mean a trip or call to your local Social Security office to request a replacement. Now, if you have a my Social Security account, you can use an online form to request a replacement copy for immediate printing at your home computer. Even if you do not currently have a my Social Security account you can easily set one up at any time and have immediate access to your SSA-1099 form.

The Social Security Administration stated that more than 16 million Americans use the my Social Security portal to manage their account. There they can view their current work credits, estimate future benefits, change direct deposit information, update their permanent address, and much more. Printable replacement tax documents are just one of the many new services the Social Security Administration added to its online portal to improve service and account access.

The my Social Security portal can give you an estimate of your disability benefits should you file and be approved at that moment in time. However, this estimate is not always accurate, as benefits can change depending on several factors. Discuss your Social Security disability benefits with a disability associate.

The Social Security disability team at Disability Help Group understands the Social Security disability system and can help disabled individuals who are denied benefits or are not receiving the full compensation to which they are entitled. For a free consultation about your situation, call us at 1-(800)-800-3332.