15 New VA Facilities Designated as Innovators Network Program Participants
In early 2015, the Department of Veterans Affairs Center for Innovation (VACI) launched the Innovators Network Program (INP). This program selected eight VA Medical Centers and National Cemeteries as pilot locations for rapid innovation for the benefit of veterans. After the success of those sites, the VACI has added 14 more VA Medical Centers and one new National Cemetery to the INP.
The new Innovators Network Program sites include:
- Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- VA Loma Linda Healthcare System in Loma Linda, Calif.
- VA San Diego Healthcare System in San Diego, Calif.
- Grand Junction VA Healthcare System in Grand Junction, Colo.
- Hines VA Medical Center in Chicago, Ill.
- Lexington VA Medical Center in Lexington, Ky.
- Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis, Minn.
- New Mexico VA Healthcare System
- Albany Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, N.Y.
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio
- Lebanon VA Medical Center in Lebanon, Pa.
- South Texas Healthcare System in San Antonio, Texas
- Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, Va.
- White River Junction VA Medical Center in White River Junction, Vt.
- Puget Sound VA Healthcare System in Seattle Wash.
The goal of sites within the INP is to identify new approaches to meet the needs of their veteran communities. Some of the progress made by the original eight locations includes Technology-Based Eye Care Screening at the Atlanta VA site and the Portland VA site’s Care in the Community Tool.
The INP seeks out VA employees who are interested in being actively engaged in innovative research and development. These innovations not only improve medical care but also help reduce costs and waste in the VA programs.
Innovation Specialists from the VACI train VA employees in new innovation-related skills and competencies, so they can independently identify and resolve problems in their area.
Call the Disability Help Group to Learn How the VA Can Help Disabled Veterans
With all of the innovations coming out of the VA, the services and benefits available to veterans is ever increasing. The veterans’ disability benefits program is the foremost resource for veterans suffering from service-connected disabilities to get financial assistance for their condition.
The Disability Help Group is available to assist you with your VA disability benefits claim. Just call 800-800-2009 to schedule a consultation with our disability advocates today.