Transition Assistance Resources for Disabled Veterans
As a disabled veteran are you making the transition from the armed services to civilian life?
If so there are resources for available to you. Our staff and representatives would like to help you make this transition as seamless as possible. To this end we have compiled a list of resources for disabled veterans as they leave the service. Some of the below services are government run and others have non-profit status. Please click on the links below to learn more.
- VA Disabled Transition Assistance Program (DTAP)
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities- Veterans who would like to start their own business after leaving the military can use this program. Currently it is being offered at Florida State University, Texas A&M and other colleges across the country.
- SBA Office of Veterans Business Development- This program is run by the Small Business Administration. Services include business plan preparations, mentorship and entrepreneurial training and counseling.
- HireVetsFirst- This government run website offers help for veterans as they prepare for employment after military service.
- Recruit Military– Through this full-service recruiting firm disabled veteran and their families can begin the search for employment.
- Enable America- This Florida based organization pairs disabled veterans with work in their community.
In an ideal world the VA disability board would grant disabled veterans a disability rating that is fair and reflects the extent of their service connected disability. Getting proper compensation from the VA shouldn’t be a battle; but it is
Our staff and representatives work with disabled veterans every day. Our goal with each of our clients is to get them the highest possible VA rating. You have fought to defend your country; now let us fight for you. Contact your Florida veterans’ disability representative at Disability Help Group today for your free consultation.